Interviewing a Carer – Example Questions
- Explain your role as a carer
- Tell me about your experience as a carer.
- What experience have you got?
Training and qualifications
- What training and qualifications do you have?
- How relevant are they to ……..?
- What is the most useful thing you learned on that course/training?
- Describe some of the challenges you’ve had as a carer
- Explain why you responded in that way
- Or Describe what you have done when a challenging situation or problem has occurred
- How have you been able to ensure the best of care?
- What standards do you work to and why?
- Describe your experience with Dementia/Parkinsons…….
- What do you expect to encounter as a result of this particular diagnosis?
- What have you encountered when dealing with this diagnosis with someone in your care?
- How will you ensure that ……….. will be safe?
- How have you ensured that your clients have been treated with dignity and respect?
- Describe a situation when your patience has been tested, what did you do?
- How have you been able to demonstrate your flexibility with clients?